mercoledì 6 giugno 2012

New Pattern: Proverbs

My dear friends, today I present you a very primitive pattern: PROVERBS...

Some months ago I red a wonderful book that I highly recommend to you all: The Daughter of the Heretic. This beautiful historical novel tells the story of a little girl lived at the time of Salem trials: her mother (Martha Carrier, women actually accused and executed for witchcraft) is a person of great character, as his father. Little Sarah and her cousin Margaret are very closed and in a dramatic moment something extraordinary happens... Sarah receive a piece of Sampler from her beloved cousin ... beautiful words describe this moment in the description of the author ... 

PROVERBS
order and info:  order@theprimitivehare.com
I found so beautiful this part of the novel, that I decided to dedicate it a sampler: I inserted the proverb, the initials of Sarah and the year that was, ideally, embroidered, the 1692. In the sampler of little Sarah I stitched the same words of one that Margaret stitched for her, the words of of the Proverbs of the Bible, 17:17: "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." 

Since only one pattern seemed little, I thought, why not stitch a couple? So, here come a second design, based on Proverb 18:22 ... dedicated to wives, real 'axis mundi' of house and family, guardians of the hearth and tradition, but also ingenuity, innovation, creativity ... We women: gifts of heaven! Have a great week (what's left of it) at all ... 

11 commenti:

tina ha detto...

Isabel è troppo bello....complimentoni..mi piace moltissimo!!!
Baci
Tina

Myricas Farmor ha detto...

Its so beautiful.
Have i nice day
Ingvor

manu ha detto...

complimenti cara!!!!!!!

Lili ha detto...

Beautiful new design!

Unknown ha detto...

Bellissimi, il cuscinetto mi piace da morire!!!!! Bravo il maritino devoto che ti fa un sacco di belle cornicette!!!!!

Shirlee ha detto...

I think both designs are wonderful!

Monika ha detto...

This beautiful embroidery! I love to read these books! I love the biblical embroidery!

New York Dreamer Cross Stitch ha detto...

belli tutti e due!!!!! e come sempre la cornice mi fa impazzireeee!!!!
Ezia.

Iaia ha detto...

Bellissimi!!! Complimenti per la cornice.
Iaia.

giuliana ha detto...

grazie Argante!!
ps..ho visto i campanellini rusty...bellissimi..info please!
Love
Giuliana

Vaida ha detto...

Gorgeous new designs! and I love the colour of linen...